The existence of this Chapel has come to light only through an entry in the 1851 "Census of Religious Worship".
The document includes the following:
Hungerford Newtown, Primitive Methodist Chapel. Erected 1842.
Free sittings 100; other sittings 5.
Congregation on 30th March 1851: Morning 54; evening 56.
Average congregation during 6 months: Morning 60; Evening 80.
William Bell (grocer), Minister.
[We are unsure of the position of this chapel, and would be pleased to know more about it].