You are in [Artefacts] [Miscellaneous]
- A buckle or badge inscribed "The Borough of Hungerford" around the star and crescent device in the middle. Kindly loaned by Bob Wheeler of Ramsbury, who found it in the 1990s when metal detecting there. The badge, probably of brass, is 36mm in diameter, with a broken clasp on the back.. It's history is unclear at present.
- An undated "Souvenir of Hungerford".
- A badge (40mm diameter) thought to be a belt badge of the “Boys Brigade” circa 1900. (Sent by Andrew French, Mar 2020).
- Knitted hood worked by Queen Victoria for the Berks & Bucks Needlework Guild in the Jubilee Year 1897,presented by Princess Beatrice to the Hungerford Workhouse through Mrs Dunn of Wallingtons. (In West Berks Museum).
- Berkshire Yeomanry banner [In West Berks Museum].
A collection of miscellaneous items of historic interest - from the bizarre to the ridiculous!