You are in [Places] [High Street Properties] [94 High Street]
[-->90-93 High Street] [-->95 High Street]


The history of ownership and occupation of the properties at the southern end of the east side of High Street (modern numbers 66-96) is very speculative. Records are sketchy, and confusing. This page is the current "best attempt" to clarify the history of these properties, but much further work still needs to be done. It is possible that the historic boundaries do not match the modern ones.


Earliest information: 1843
Original estate: ?Hungerford Engleford
Listed? No
Common Rights? Yes (Frontage 17ft; 2 horses or 4 cows)
Date of current building:

Photo Gallery:


94 High Street, Mar 2010


94 High Street, Feb 2007

- 94 High Street, March 2010.

- 94 High Street, February 2007.


Note: 94 and 95 High Street: there is no record of owners nor occupiers in the Quit Rent Rolls, so it would appear that they are both Hungerford Engleford (and not "chantry") properties. They were therefore probably sold off in 1809 or thereabouts. See 25 High Street for further information on Hungerford Engleford properties and Henry Clements.

1843 (CL) George Bathe amended to James Clements.

1847 (CL) Nimrod Knight (own); James Clement and others (occ)

1851 (CS) ?Ann Tarrant (73), annuitant.

1861 (CL) Nimrod Knight

1896 (CL) Annie Parr (own); George Ford (occ)
1902 (T&M Register) Annie Elizabeth Parr (owner until ?1929)
1903 (T&M Register) George Ford (occupier until 1912)

1913 (T&M Register) Francis George Ford (occupier until ?1921)
1914 (CL) William Lewington Barker (own); Francis George Ford (occ)

1921 (T&M Register) Alfred Cranstone (occupier until ?1925)

1926 (T&M Register) Arthur Herbert Ford

1926 In the Pathe News reel of The Tutti Day Celebrations At Hungerford in 1926, a sign saying "High Street Dairy - G C Nichols" can be seen hanging outside this property.
1930 (T&M Register) Guy Chambers Nichols (owner and occupier until ?1933). 

1934 (T&M Register) Arthur William Peachey (owner and occupier until ?1945)
1939 (Blacket's) Mrs E.M. Peachey, florist

1946 (T&M Register) Hugh Mason (occupier)
1947 (CL) Hugh Mason

1952-1956 (CL) Mrs Ethel Thunder

1963 (CL) Beauchamp Hogg

1968 (CL) Mabel Frances Isabel Curtis
1968 (T&M Register) Mabel Florence Isobel Curtis (owner & occupier)

1969 (T&M Register) William Henry Forbes (owner until 1971)
1970 (CL) William Henry Forbes

1974 (T&M Register) Lemonbrook Ltd (owner)

1976 (CL) Void

1978 Dalrymple & Pettifer – interior designers

1983 (CL) Void
1984 (CL) Void
1985 (CL) Void

in 1993 Pemberton Somerville Ltd., interior decorators

2000 (CL) Void

2005 (CL) Mrs Lesley Bradley

??2008 Montagues Hair Design and Belle Chic Health & Beauty
2011 (CL) Lesley Bradley
2016 (CL) Lesley Bradley