Warning: Illegal string offset 'w' in /home/sites/hungerfordvirtualmuseum.co.uk/public_html/administrator/components/com_phocagallery/libraries/phocagallery/image/image.php on line 52

Warning: Illegal string offset 'h' in /home/sites/hungerfordvirtualmuseum.co.uk/public_html/administrator/components/com_phocagallery/libraries/phocagallery/image/image.php on line 53
075-railway c1910
 
075-railway c1910 -

GWR bus service, c.1910. To improve the service to nearby towns and villages not served by the railway, GWR provided a bus connection service. Shown here is GWR service no. 29, the Marlborough to Hungerford bus, which was routed via Ramsbury. The bus is a 20hp Milnes Daimler, first registered (AF157) in Cornwall in August 1905. The Hungerford-Marlborough service started in October 1909, and was extended to a Hungerford-Swindon service in October 1911. (Thanks to Paul Lacey)

Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window