The probable existence of this cottage used for religious purposes has come to light only through an entry in the 1851 "Census of Religious Worship".
The document includes the following:
Cottage at Hungerford Newtown, Wesleyan Methodist. Occupied as cottage.
Free sittings 30.
Congregation on 30th March 1851: Evening 20.
C W Williams, Supd Minister
[C W Williams was also the Minister at the Ebenezer Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in Bridge Street]
We are unsure of the position of this chapel, and would be pleased to know more about it.