However, the first mention of the Cricket Club in the Parish Magazine appears to have been in June 1874, when it was recorded that "a Cricket Club has been formed in connection with" the Hungerford Working Men's Hall. The club was "open to all members of the Hall, and has provided a healthy and pleasant amusement for the long evenings."
(However, on Friday 11 Jul 1980 a floodlit cricket match was staged "to celebrate the Club's 150th Anniversary").
The Parish magazine of July 1877 records the scores of two matches played in June by the Hungerford Park Cricket Club - against Savernake Forest and Highclere Park.
On 28 Oct 1936 the officers of the Cricket Club wrote to the Constable & Trustees:
"Gentlemen, In view of the present day movement to make suitable provision for organised recreation and games, the undersigned, as representing the above named club, are strongly of the opinion that the time has now come for the recreation Ground to be closed to cattle, and to be maintained solely for the use of sports clubs, organised games & children's recreation."
- Painting of cricket at Hungerfod Park - possibly depicting the Grand Cricket Match of 26-28 Jul 1852.
- "The Elite", 1911 [A Parsons]
- "Fire Brigade v Hungerford", 1912 [A Parsons]
- Ladies v Gents Cricket, 1913. The Cricket Club, under the captaincy of Rev John Denning, played many local elevens. In August each year there was always good support for the Ladies v Gents match, when the men played with a bat more suitable for rounders than cricket!
- "Early v Late Closers", undated [A Parsons]
- Ladies v Gents Cricket, undated
- Coronation Cricket Match, 1953, Ladies v Men. Notes by Jack & Margaret Williams (Apr 2013): Back row L-R: Ron Culley (decd, son of local policeman), Reg Bray (HCC), Jean Quenby (decd, w/o local butcher), Jim Chislett, Unknown, Maureen Eatwell, Bill Ralph (HCC), Pat Smith (moved to USA), Eric Holford (HCC Chairman), Joyce Cox (moved to USA), Fred Holmes (Manager Chilton Engineering), Betty Stockton, Isabel Collier (w/o Methodist Minister - the best lady cricketer!), Denis Brittain (Clerk of Hungerford RDC), Reg Jeal (Headmaster Council School). Seated: Roger Cooke (HCC), Jan Beard, Gerry Face (landlord John o'Gaunt Inn), Margaret Williams (Ladies Captain), Nigel Turner (Men's Captain, s/o President A G Turner), Freda Horwood, John Turner (s/o A G Turner), Anne Teal (d/o Albert Smith of Kennet Motor Works, w/o Tony Teal), Harry Bennet (west box signalman), Mary Osborne. Front: Ann Valle (moved to USA), Ruth Carter (killed in RTA), Dick Carter (local vet, killed in RTA), June Stroud, Sylvia Evans.
- Cricket, undated
- Coronation Cricket Match, 1953, Ladies v Men. (Kindly sent by Muriel Vellender). See adjacent notes by Jack & Margaret Williams
- Parish Magazines, esp Jul 1877