Most photographs of the High Street buildings are included with the website page on each individual property.
However, a number of old photographs give more general views of the street, and a number are included on two Photo Gallery pages.
This page covers the northern end of the High Street, from the railway bridge to the canal bridge.
A second Photo Gallery covers the southern part of the High Street, from the railway bridge to Atherton Hill (see High Street (South) Photo Gallery).
- Lower High Street, c1875 [CDV vy WS Parry]
- Lower High Street, c1910 [A Parsons] (SH)
- Lower High Street from Canal Bridge, c1912 (A Parsons).
- Laying drainage pipes under the pavement adjacent to the canal bridge.
- Lower High Street c1950 (Moya Dixon collection)
- Crowd in lower High Street ? reason (Moya Dixon collection)