Most photographs of the High Street buildings are included with the website page on each individual property.
However, a number of old photographs give more general views of the street, and a number are included on two Photo Gallery pages.
This page covers the northern end of the High Street, from the railway bridge to the canal bridge.
A second Photo Gallery covers the southern part of the High Street, from the railway bridge to Atherton Hill (see High Street (South) Photo Gallery).
- Lower High Street, c1875 [CDV vy WS Parry]
- Lower High Street c1907.
- Lower High Street, c1910 [A Parsons] (SH)
- Lower High Street from Canal Bridge, c1912 (A Parsons).
- Lower High Street showing WH Smith, c1912.
- Canal Side (1-5 High Street)  (from Muriel Cornwell).
- Lower High Street looking south, c1951 [RA (Postcards) Ltd) (from Muriel Cornwell).
- Lower High Street towards canal (PM 25 May 1930) [Kingsway] (from Muriel Comwell).
- Laying drainage pipes under the pavement adjacent to the canal bridge.
- Lower High Street in snow, undated c 1940s (Moya Dixon Collection).
- Lower High Street, postmarked 15 Sep 1948.
- Lower High Street c1950 (Moya Dixon collection)
- Lower High Street, Easter 1953.
- The Lower High Street, c1955.
- Lower High Street, c1955.
- Crowd in lower High Street ? reason (Moya Dixon collection)
- 18 -> 7 High Street, c1986.
- Early Christmas decorations, c1990.
- John Fowler AA7 ploughing engine, c1990 (from Cathy Newton).
- High Street Enhancement, Jun 1997 [Ivor Speed].