Earliest information: 1753
Original estate: Hungerford
Common Rights? No
Date of current building:
"Dolton's House" (from c.1680) -> Elliott -> Pearce -> Newbury -> Brown -> "Swan Tap" -> Bossom's Needlework
Description of property:
- The Three Swans, and Swan Tap, c1875.
- Bossom's Needlework, 116 High Street, Mar 2007.
- Bossoms Needlework and Jade Bailey Interiors, 21st April 2022.
c.1680 (NH) Edward Dolton
1753-61 (QR) William Elliott for Dolton's House, q.r. 4d.
1774-90 (QR) John Pearce for Dolton's House, q.r. 4d.
1795-1804 (QR) John Pearce for Dolton's House, q.r. 4d.
1805-17 (QR) John Pearce (amended to William Newbury) for Dolton's House adjoining, q.r. 4d.
1818-23 (QR) William Newbury for Dolton's House adjoining, q.r. 4d. [NH: For Ed Dolton, see H.C.B. 1680]
1819 (EA) Un-named
1832 (QR) John Brown for Doltons House adjoining [The Three Swans Inn], q.r. 4d.
1836 (QR) John Brown for Dalton's house adjoining [The Three Swans Inn], q.r. 4d.
1841 (CS) George Salt (30) manservant.
1871 (CS) Thomas Hancock - ostler (Three Swans) "Swan Tap","The Cygnets","The Tap Room"
1932 (QR #21) Three Swans Hotel – Harvey (H.G. Simmonds added), for "House. Tap adjoining above [Three Swans] formerly Doltons then J. Platt", q.r. 4d.
1939 (Blacket's) Three Swans Tap (Mrs T. Giles)
1939 (KD) "Three Swans Tap" = Mrs T. Giles.
c.1980 Bow window added by Robin Tubb (?date)
1993 Roaches sold to Bossom family (see 115 HS)
Crown Needlework, 1993-present:
Bossom's Needlework and original art, (Mrs Kathryn Bossom).