You are in [People] [Hungerford Characters]
This index provides links to some of the more interesting and colourful of people associatied with Hungerford.
- Coral Atkins - Actress and children's campaigner.
- Bill Barnes - water-keeper and bailiff for the Town & Manor, trombone player, part-time fireman.
- Caleb Camburn - headmaster of two Hungerford schools, and founder of a local Educational Charity.
- J A G "Jack" Coates, CBE, DFC - Aviator, industialist and fisherman.
- E L "Jim" Davis - Local historian, past Constable, and Trustee of the Town & Manor.
- Lord Fermoy - District and Town Councillor, and Mayor - of Eddington House.
- John of Gaunt - the great landowner, and provider of local "common" rights.
- Capt James M Harris, OBE - a mariner who retired to Hungerford.
- Simon de Montfort - founder of parliament in the 13th century, owner of Hungerford Park.
- The Lady of Lions - famous local entertainer.
- Frank Goodall - the Last Huntsman of the Royal Buckhousnds, and landlord of The Three Swans Hotel.
- "Daddy" Knight - eccentric man living on the Common.
- 2nd Baron Morris - buried in St Saviour's churchyard.
- Sir William Pearce - shipbuilder, owner of Chilton Lodge.
- John "Tom" Simson - famous local artist.
- Alan Smith, OBE - Rtd Major, and his connection with the Brighton bombing
- Frederick T G Tremlett - widely travelled, but what is his connection to Hungerford?
- W C R (William) Whalley - scientist and man of letters.