You are in [Events] [King George V's Silver Jubilee, 1935]
Another great day of celebrations!
Hungerford celebrated the Silver Jubilee of King George V on 6 May 1935 with suitable festivities, including:
- Peal of Bells; parade to a Service in St Lawrence Church, Football matches, Children's Teas, Torchlight procession, bonfire and fireworks, finishing with a Social and Dance in the Corn Exchange "for all the Lads and Lassies"!
Follow this for the full programme of events.
What a day!
- Souvenir Programme
- "Children at Tea" in the Corn Exchange.
- "Constable (Dr T G Starkey-Smith) presents Medals".
- "Bonfire at night", on the Common.
- The telegram from Buckingham Palace to Dr Starkey-Smith, Constable, 7 May 1935.