The Hungerford fishery comprises five miles of excellent private fishing along the chalk-streams of the River Kennet and River Dun around Hungerford.
The unique environment provides an abundance of Brown Trout and Grayling which thrive and grow into magnificent specimens.
Commoners of the Town & Manor enjoy free fishing in the Town & Manor waters on the fishing days - Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Fishing is also available to "rods" who purchase the right to fish.
- Rainbow trout in Hungerford waters - June 2009. There are many native Brown Trout too - but they're harder to photograph!
- Detailed map of Hungerford Fishery, 1977
- Plan of Town & Manor of Hungerford property and the fishery.
- "Caught at Hungerford 24th July 1911. Weight 16lbs. Length 3ft 6" [A Parsons]
- E.L. Davis, The Story of an Ancient Fishery, 1978
- "Hungerford Fishery, 2013" [HHA Archive P]