The existence of this Chapel has come to light only through an entry in the 1851 "Census of Religious Worship".
The document includes the following:
Eddington, Primitive Methodist Chapel. Erected about 1840.
Free sittings 100; other sittings 80. Congregation on 30th March 1851: Morning 45; Sunday School 35; Afternoon 101; Sunday School 36; evening 109.
Average congregation during 6 months: Morning 50; Sunday School 30; Afternoon 140; Sunday School 35; Evening 170.
Chapel Steward: John Phelps.
We are unsure of the position of this chapel, and would be pleased to know more about it.