The Virtual Museum is not aware of extensive research locally into the Sare family, but the following notes by Norman Hidden may be of some help to future family historians:
Part of Sare Family Tree:
Richard Sare, born 1587, died 1658. Baker
. m. Alice Bowyr, died 1661
. #1 ?John, born 1634
. . m. Joan
. #2 Thomas Sare, born 1618, died 1689. Baker
. . m Edith, died 1698
. . #1 Richard Sare, born 1664, died 1737. Baker.
. . . m. Eleanor
. . . #1 Joseph
. . . #2 James
. . #2 Joseph Sare, born 1689, died 1714. Maltster.
. . . m. Mary
. . #3 Thomas Sare, born 1668, died 1741?
. #3 Joseph Sare, born 1616, died 1692. Tallow chandler.
. #4 Richard Sare, born 1614. Clerk.
. . m. Joan
Sare – Insurance Details:
- Sun Life, vol 6, 34, 40, 48 [nil after 88]. Nil Royal Exchange.
- Vol. 6/57: Richard Sare, baker on his house next to Joseph Whyneat and on his goods and merchandise. 21 Nov 1716.
- Vol 32/-: on his house in tenure of John Pocock and on a malthouse adjoining in tenure of John Biggs. 13 July 1731.
- Vol 40/-: on his house in Hungerford tiles now or late in tenure of John Pocock; and on a malthouse adjoining in tenure of Jon. Biggs. 3 Oct 1734.
- Vol 49/-: Eleanor Sare (widow of Richard Sare) on her house and outhouses in Hungerford Berks; timber built dwelling house only of Abraham Bowsher baker. One other house in 2 tenements in tenure of Thos. Noon and John Coxhead. 2 March 1737/8